**** January 16, 2022 – January 23, 2022
CHS/CHHS/East Principals & PTSA: Volunteers Needed Announcement
Subject: Parent Volunteers Needed!
Parents, will you help us pull an all-nighter? Project Graduation NEEDS YOU (especially YOU, parents of 9th, 10th and 11th graders AND your student)!
Now in its 30th year, Project Graduation is a late night party for ALL graduating seniors in the CHCCS district. Think inflatables, hypnotist, casino games, photos, dancing, music, food and tons of fun! This year, it will take place IN PERSON from 11pm on June 11 to 4 a.m. on June 12, 2022, at the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Union.
Project Graduation is important because:
- It provides a safe, fun, equitable way for ALL graduating seniors to celebrate together. There is no cost to students thanks to the generous support of our community.
- CHCCS has recorded zero fatalities on graduation night since Project Graduation began in 1992.
- It is a great way to support students who have lost so much due to COVID over these last two years.
So what can you do to help?
- VOLUNTEER HERE! We especially need parents of 9th, 10th, and 11th graders to step up. As much as our seniors love their parents, they do not want them hanging around on grad night. Also, we need this event to happen successfully in years to come. So we can’t rely solely on the 12th grade parents. We need 9th, 10th, and 11th grade parents to volunteer for a shift and/or serve on a committee. Our greatest need at this time is on Entertainment, Prizes, Food, and Setup Committees (Setup Committee reserved for 11th graders and their parents).
- DONATE HERE! In order to offer this event at no cost to our graduates, we need to raise $70,000. Any amount you can give is helpful. Project Graduation is a 501(c)(3) organization operating independent of the CHCCS school district so gifts are tax deductible in accordance with IRS guidelines. Donations via check are also accepted. Please send your contribution to via check to: Project Graduation, PO Box 17043, Chapel Hill, NC 27516-7043.
- Connect us to local businesses that might want to support Project Graduation. If you can make a connection, please contact our fundraising chair, Tina CoyneSmith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for helping to make our seniors’ graduation night memorable and safe!
Project Graduation Co-Chairs: Sarah and Gillian Ederle (CHHS), Tiki and Becca Gwynne (CHS), Dawn and Anna Shohfi (ECHHS)
Instagram (for seniors): @project_grad_2022